GrassROOTS Community Foundation Seeking College Interns
GrassROOTS Community Foundation (GCF) is seeking highly motivated young women ages 18-25 who are interested in community organizing and public health.
GrassROOTS Community Foundation is a public health and social action organization. We fund, support, develop and scale community health and wellness programs for women and girls, particularly those who are impoverished. We also advocate for policies and practices that reduce disparities and foster equity. Our mission is to create a world where all girls grow up to be healthy women. We believe violence is a public health issue.
We are looking for interns in the following areas:
- Research Assistance
- Administrative interns will help with office operations. Specifically, interns will assist with the administrative duties associated with the #1000blackgirlbooks campaign
- Research assistance interns will learn to conduct social science research about public health and help coordinate trainings.
- Program interns will aid with our afterschool and wellness activities
Interns will receive 4 hours of training prior to start. Interns will also receive a certificate of completion and a recommendation from immediate supervisor and GCF President, Dr. Janice Johnson Dias.
GrassROOTS Community Foundation will work with your school so that you can receive academic credit for your work. Interested applicants should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- Area of internship interest
- Resume of prior work experience
- Best contact phone number
- 2 references