GrassROOTS Community Foundation is a public health and social action organization.
We train girls to become civic leaders and change agents regardless of their field of interests. To meet this goal, we work with and support organizations and individuals who share and live our values.
Below you will find an outline of our core principles and the ways in which we operationalize these values.
Please read the GrassROOTS Community Foundation Principles document HERE.
AREAS OF INTERNSHIP
- Social media messaging
- Platforms: Twitter and YouTube
- Translate research findings for public consumption
- Respond to messages in a timely way
- Produce and post stories on GrassROOTS Community Foundation social media platforms
- Take pictures of program activities and post in a timely way
- Develop Research Reports
- Conduct literature reviews
- Write research briefs
- Put together research presentations
- Present research findings
- Community Engagement
- Meet with community organizations
- Present the work of the GrassROOTS Community Foundation
- Solicit and recruit participation in GrassROOTS programs and activities
- Program and Administrative Support
- Answer phones
- Take messages
- Complete Mailings
- Purchase resources
- Book flights and hotels
- Lead and support programs
- Event planning
- Read and catalogue books
- Complete Mailings
- Donor Management and Engagement
- Input information into database
- Write and send thank yous letters
- Develop donor engagement events
We accept six interns annually, not including our junior wellness coaches who support our SGS/Supercamp Program year round. To qualify as an ideal GrassROOTS Community Foundation intern, please:
- Identify the area in which you would like to be considered for an internship and in 200 words or less, please tell us why.
- In reviewing the website and YouTube channel, what contributions do you believe you can make to the organization?
- Please provide us an example of when you have failed yourself and how you were able to regain your footing.
- What lessons did you learn about yourself in this process?
- Name two areas in where you are seeking additional self-development.
- Name one recurring critique you have of yourself and why?
- Name one recurring critique you have of others and why
Interns must have:
- Reliable transportation
- Grade Point Average of 3.2 or higher
- Two recommendations from community member. Letters must provide examples of the following skills:
- Critical thinking
- Civic engagement
- Learning mindset
- Seeks and follow directions
- 1st round is a panel interview;
- Finalist will be invited to demonstrate their fit by working with our girls;
- All accepted interns must complete the Growth Mindset Training to be able to work with our team.
All applicants should send information by the following dates:
- June 29th for Fall (September thru December)
- December 8th for Spring (January thru June)
Please submit resume and cover letter in pdf format to