2017 Black Girl Excellence Award
The Black Girl Excellence Award honors black girls who have demonstrated through their actions in the community high levels of integrity, academic excellence and ingenuity. This award was created to celebrate the ways in which black girls are broadening the imagination and the possibilities for others. Winners are celebrated for their ability to influence and transform the ways we think about and engage black girls.
- Must identify as a black girl
- Between 10-18 years old
- Resident of New Jersey
- Making a positive change in their field that influences people’s perspective of black women and girls
- Have a B+ or higher Grade Point Average
- Must submit both an essay* and a video* to email@example.com that explains why they are qualified for this award
- A 250 word essay
- Video (30-60 seconds)
- Submit 2 letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org
- One from a community member whose life you have impact
- An adult stakeholder who believes in your talent and passion
You can nominate yourself or someone can nominate you.
A committee will interview finalists. Two honorees will be selected.
Final date for nominees is October 25th at 9:00am