Like the roots of the tree, mothers provide structural support to their children, but to do so mothers also need support. ROOTS programs equip mothers with the skills necessary to enhance and maintain their health and the health of their children.
at Interfaith Hospitality Network
A family program that teaches homeless parents & children the joys and health benefits of practicing yoga & cooking together at Interfaith Hospitality Network of Essex County.
Healthy Eating and Movement
- Learn about how to shop for healthy foods while living on a budget.
- Learn the history and fundaments of living a life of harmony.
- Learn strategies for fostering balancing mother and child’s emotional needs.
- Learn strategies for fostering intimacy with partners
- Volunteer weekly at a social action agency
- Mothers and children meet in groups weekly (separately) with licensed clinician to provide support for each other.
With funding from the HealthCare Foundation of New Jersey, GCF partnered with Interfaith Hospitality Netwrk of Essex County to serve homeless and residentially insecure families from Essex County, New Jersey.
Supporters and Partnering Agencies
- HealthCare Foundation of New Jersey
- Interfaith Hospitality Network
- Barnabas Health
- ShopRite of West Orange
- St. Matthew AME Church