Help send 500 books to Jamaica
- This event has passed.
Roots Rock Run 5k Newark
September 30, 2017 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm EDT
5K community walk/run and 1 mile walk to support GrassROOTS Community Foundation (GCF) wellness and public health initiatives in New Jersey.
Led by Olympic runner Miki Barber, Director of Bloomfield Track and Field Programs, Coach Lisa Morgan, and Dupre “DoItAll” Kelly of 211 Community Impact and Lords of the Underground.
September 30th. Beautiful Weequahic Park Track, 1 Thomas Carmichael Dr., Newark, NJ
Registration opens at 8:00am, Come early!! It’s a party. Take selfies!
Jam to some live reggae by Jah People!!
Participate in SuperGirl Huntar’s #Food4Life Summit—a social action project powered by GCF and Disney Summer of Service.
- You will be able to compete for prizes
- Family Food: You and your crew compete to test your healthy food knowledge;
- Food Scavenger hunt: Can you find all the ingredients of a healthy meal on your run;
- In and Out: Guess how long you would have to move to burn off what you eat.
- Sign up for the Old School vs. New School Dance Contest
- Purchase jewelry and other health items from vendors
- Take photos with some of your favorite hip-hop artists
Free registration to all #R3Newark participants
Register for the race: https://runsignup.com/Race/NJ/Newark/RootsRockRun5KNewark
- $10 Until 7/9
- $15 until 9/20
- $25 until 9/29
- $30 on race day
Amenities: T-shirts available for registrants; water and refreshments, prizes too.
- Timed raced; Race Results: the Bryn Mawr Racing Co. will professionally time the race. Results will be found on our website and at brynmawrracing.com
- Medals awardedby age group x gender
Funding support: Rutgers-Newark Center on Youth Violence and Juvenile Justice
Partnering Agencies: City of Newark, 211 Community Impact, Skai Blue Media, RWJBarnabas, and YMCA Newark.
Questions: Contact: David Coughlin, firstname.lastname@example.org, 215-917-5025
More info, click here