ROOTS ROCK RUN (R3)
Race Training and 5K Race
Roots, Rock Run 5k (R3) is GrassROOTS Community Foundation’s public health initiative to promote community wellness. Together we are reclaiming our health and our communities. R3 brings people together to run, walk, dance and move together. It’s a celebration!! #R3philly5k #rootsrockrun5k.
Race Purpose: 5K community walk/run and 1 mile walk to support GrassROOTS Community Foundation wellness and public health initiatives in Philadelphia.
Race Day: June 3rd, Morning of the Roots Picnic. For more about the Picnic: http://rootspicnic.com/philly/
Winner of race wins 2 free tickets to The Roots Picnic.
Registration opens at 8:00am, Come early!! It’s a party. Take selfies!
Jam to some live reggae by Jah People!!
Meet the amazing Philly SuperGirls. They will showcase what they have been learning from GrassROOTS afterschool program.
- You will be able to:
- Taste healthy snacks they have prepared;
- Review and purchase their photographic journal;
- Hear then perform an original song they co-wrote with songwriter Iyona
- Enjoy their African dance performance
- Sign up for the Old School vs. New School Dance Contest
- Purchase jewelry and other health items from vendors
- Take photos with some of Philly’s best hip-hop artists
Register for the race: https://runsignup.com/Race/PA/Philadelphia/RootsRockRun5K
- $25 Until 3/31
- $35 til race day
- $40 on Race Day
Amenities: T-shirts available for registrants; water and refreshments, prizes too.
- Timed raced
- Medals awarded by age x gender
Funding support: Councilwoman Cindy Bass
Partnering Agencies: Black Girls Run
Supporting Partners: The Office of State Representative Stephen Kinsey & Skai Blue Media.
Organizer: David Coughlin
Contact #: 215-917-5025