Help send 500 books to Jamaica
- This event has passed.
Red Dot Day
October 24, 2020
Join the GrassROOTS SuperGirls in collaboration with Her Flow Foundation for our public health initiative, Red Dot Day – a campaign to normalize conversations about periods.
#RedDotDay, also known as Period Awareness Day, is October 24th
The campaign goals are:
Help end the stigma and shame associated with periods.
Encourage all genders to discuss the importance of periods.
For more details on why this is important, strategies for how to engage and what you can do, please click button below:
As a #RedDotDay partner, I agree to:
- Follow on Instagram: @herflow; @grassrootsfound; @shellyannweeks; @aminapatricia; @drjanicejohnson; @itslisamaxwell
- Sign up for the newsletter at www.grassrootscommunityfoundation.org
- Register at least 5 youth (boys & girls) for Virtual Youth Workshop (via Zoom) on October 20, 2020 at 3pm (NY/NJ time)/ 2:00pm (Jamaica time)/ 7:00pm (Ghana time). Register by sending their name, age and email address to EmbraceHerFlow@gmail.com.
- Rally my company, partners, friends and family to learn about period shame.
- Post pictures & a video, wearing red on your social media on Saturday, October 24th (and the days leading up to it).
- See sample posts in Dropbox link above.
- Film a short video (1 minute or less) and post to your social media account. It should begin “Hi, I am [your name] and I wear red to end period shame.”
- Join the conversation to normalize periods using #EndPeriodShame, #RedDotDay. Tag @grassrootsfound, @herflow, @aminapatricia on Facebook, Twitter & IG
- Attend and amplify Her Flow Foundation’s Period Awareness Week activities on social media – daily from October 18 – 24th
Please spread the word! The more we share, the more we can normalize periods.