GrassROOTS Community Foundation (GCF) is seeking Research Assistants who will conduct research for its public health and social action programs in Germantown, Philadelphia. In this role, Research Assistants will be responsible for collecting and input both qualitative and quantitative data. Research Assistants will work closely with the Research Director, Dr. Brian Lawton. Research Assistants will also work closely with Program Staff, girls and their families.
Title: Research Assistant Position
Location: Germantown, Philadelphia
Part Time/Full Time: Part time
Primary roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collect primary data at research sites in Germantown;
- Input and code data;
- Conduct face to face interviews with GCF, youth, their families and volunteers;
- Complete survey data;
- Observe and record program activities;
- Communicate findings with GCF leadership team;
- Participate in trainings and present findings at local and national conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university, master’s degree preferred.
- Graduate students in Sociology, Anthropology and Public Health are welcomed.
- Proficient in the use of SPSS, SAS and/or Atlas Ti.
- A demonstrated passion for working with young urban youth and belief in GCF’s mission.
- Previous experience working with community organizations.
- Superlative analytic, organizational and writing skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse stakeholders (Church, parents, campers, staffers).
- A strong commitment to personal health. Physically active.
- At least 3 years working in an educational setting.
- No personal calls or texts unless emergency.
- Confidentiality is critical in this role.
- Be on time. If late, must provide notification. If late more than an hour without notification will result in employment termination.
- GCF will require a background check and may require a drug screen for this position.
- GCF will require signed confidentiality agreement.
Hours: 8-10 hours weekly, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
Functions: Collect data
Compensation: $20 per hour. GCF is an equal opportunity employer (EEO/AA/M/F/D/V). Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pay Schedule: Time sheets must be submitted bi-weekly. Will be paid Tuesdays.
Contact: Dr. Brian Lawton